Montbelle Primary schools accessibility plan has been drawn up in compliance with current legislation and requirements from the equality Act 2010, specified in schedule 10 which relates to diability. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/schedule/10
The school governors are responsible for ensuring and implementing the review and reports on progress of the accessibility plan over a set period (March 2016-March 2019)
- We are committed to providing a fully accessible environment that values and includes all pupils, staff, parents and visitors regardless of their education, physical, sensory, social, spiritual, emotional and cultural needs. As a Rights Respecting School and Stonewall Chamption, we are committed to challenging negative attitudes, including those surrounding disability and accessibility, and to developing a culture of awareness, tolerance and inclusion.
- Montbelle Primary School plans, over time, to ensure the accessibility of provisions for all pupils, staff and visitors to the school. The accessibility plan will contain relevant information regarding, physical environment, curriculum, aids and equipment and written information.
- We acknowledge that there is a need for ongoing awareness raising and training for staff and governors in the matter of disability discrimination and the need to inform attitudes on this matter.
- As curriculum policies are reviewed, a section relating to access will be added to that on equality and diversity. In future, the terms of reference for all governors’ committees will contain an item on ‘having regard to the matters relating to access’.
- Information about our Accessibility plan will be published on the website and be made available in the school office.
- The plan will be monitored through by Ofsted as part of their inspection cycle.
- An accessibility plan will be drawn up to cover a three year period, the plan will be updated annually.
Click here to access the plan.