We encourage parental involvement in all aspects of school life. We often need help with themed days, trips, reading and many other subjects in school, so if you have a particular interest in the topic your child is learning or a particular talent in that area please let your child’s class teacher know.
Other ways we encourage to take part in the life at Montbelle are as follows:
- Weekly parent workshops (please look at the parent workshop tab for more information) which includes lots of information about your childs education, for example: how to help your child with phonics; mental maths strategies; transition to secondary school or even just a celebration of the terms work!
- dads and lads: a time to get the dads/grandads/uncles/brothers in some school fun! Activities, led by the school staff, involve woodwork, forest schools and sport!
- family picnic: when the sun comes out, we encourage parents and carers to join the rest of the school in a morning breakfast!
- End if term workshops: one of our most popular times of the term where we invite parents/carers to join their children in a Christmas or Easter extravaganza. Be prepared for glitter, glue and lots of fun!
- Parent Forum: parent representatives from each class get to meet with members of the SLT and ask questions or put forward suggestions to help us improve the childrens experiences at Montbelle
- Open classroom: encourages parents and carers to come in for the afternoon and take part in a particular theme eg art/maths or science